Here are some ways you can get involved! Please visit us at our community-access studio at Public Space One (120 N. Dubuque).
Become a member
Members cooperatively run (and print at!) our community-access studio located at Public Space One at 120 N. Dubuque St. If you want to join our community in a hands-on way, this is the way to do it!
- participate in small and large decision-making (attend regular meetings, vote, communicate with the group about projects/needs ideas)
- work to provide access to the shop, maintain the shop, and coordinate projects and programs
- pay a monthly fee
- have full access to the shop
- have access to (limited) storage space at the shop
- can participate in member activities (exhibitions, co-op trainings, critiques, poster project, etc.)
A working member:
• volunteers on average 8-10 hours per month in committee work, studio monitoring, programming, etc.
• contributes $17/month
A supporting member:
• has circumstances that do not allow him/her to commit to an ongoing volunteer role
• contributes $37/month
A lead member:
• takes on a leadership role for one area of the Press Co-op (programming, communications, facilities, admin, and fundraising) and is the point person of that area
• can expect to spend in excess of 10 hours per month in their role
• contributes $10/month
Membership meetings are once a month (on the second Sunday at 4:30pm) and are open to the public, but only members have voting rights.
Interested in joining? Contact us for details and to set up your orientation.
Contributions are tax-deductible and go towards improving our space and equipment and subsidizing free and low-cost public activities and workshops.
In addition to financial support, we also welcome donations of equipment and materials for print, book and paper arts. Or, if you own equipment you are interested in housing at the ICPC, let's talk! Email us at ICPressCoop@publicspaceone.com
Join our mailing list to receive updates
USE THE SHOP
The general public can access the print shop during staffed open studio hours (Thurs 4-8p, Sat 12-4p or by appointment) and through workshops.
Open studio hours are open to anyone who has taken a workshop or gone through the equivalent training and feel comfortable working independently with the equipment they wish to use. Monitors are present to provide access and answer small questions, not to teach. An open studio session (4 hours) costs $10 and includes use of the supplies and equipment listed on our facilities page.
Individuals who want individual guidance can set up a consultation with a member for $25/hour.